Wednesday, September 15, 2010
3 Essays... Again.... YAY!
Z for Zander, E2, and F2: which worked, which didn't. Overall, these sets of essays are all competing to gain my acknowledge of best essay. First, let's talk about which one was the weakest. Although a close competition, F2 would be the weakest link. F2's introduction does not flow nearly as well as E2 or Z for Zander. However, credit must be given at its clear thesis and solid ideas to clearly reinforce the idea of Mr. Bennet as this "ironically likable figure who satirizes his surrounding..." On the other hand, Z for Zander and E2 require a photo finish in order to determine which portrays their ideas better on paper. Between the two, I must say Z for Zander is a little less concrete with its evidence. The ideas and examples are all cooperating wonderfully; however, because the thesis is somewhat broad in respects to the characters fitting this category, it allows the author to give too many examples. Approximately six characters to talk about is not the reason why this essay came in second. No matter how many examples, each should talk about the topic and relate to the thesis with the most (if not all) the evidence at one's disposal. The author for Z for Zander does give good examples but I would much rather have 3-4 solid, more concrete examples than 6 semi-baked paragraphs. So this ultimately means that E2 is crowned victorious. Why? Because the ideas and about quick judgments and ignorance to change to me were fabulous ideas. Supported with two very strong body paragraphs, I would feel bad if I did not choose E2 as the winner of these 3 essays. Please do not get me wrong, all were great essays which I hope I could produce in the near future.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment